Thursday, January 1, 2009

E is for Education

E is probably my favorite in terms of fun. I love homeschooling our kids. I especially love the planning and curriculum. Getting it into practice is different. For some reason I have difficulty getting from the plan to the action. My main "E" focus will be to put all these wonderful plans and curriculum into practice... simply.

In terms of areas within Education, we have...

Planning, Development, Implementation, Review, Grading and Record keeping
Group teaching - orthodoxy/bible, literature, writing
Individual teaching - reading, math, vocabulary, spelling, foreign language, independent studies (unit studies based on child's interest)
Intense Studies - science, history, computers, poetry, grammar, cooking, sewing, art, music
Additional activities - music lessons, sports activities, socialization groups, field trips, educational shows, educational computer/internet sites, service projects

So once again, I will be praying for the wisdom to see where God will have me focus my efforts.

This concludes the basics of the S.I.M.P.L.E. plan. I will be praying over the next few days for God to lead me in choosing my focus. Join me on Sunday to check out MY focus areas. Monday we will begin a two week process with our first spiritual focus.

Simply,
ThereO

No comments: