Wednesday, January 7, 2009

S - Day 2

Bad news - STILL did not get in bed by midnight
Good news - Got in bed an hour earlier than usual (1am)

Aiming for 12:30 tonight and midnight tomorrow night.

Said evening prayers and morning prayers.

The dear husband asked what prevents me from getting in bed earlier... good question...  That is a goal of this project is to review why something isn't working the way it I would like for it to and fix it... simply.  

The problem... I want to get up earlier to have quiet time before the kids wake up.  To do that, I have realized I need to go to bed earlier.  Now leading to the next question, why do I stay up so late?  The reasons I see at this point and time are...
-I need wind down time after the kids go to bed (the later the kids stay up, the later I stay up after them to wind down).
-I've gotten up late so I'm not tired yet.
-I lose track of time when I'm surfing the internet.
-I haven't had a set bedtime so I just stay up until I've finished watching shows, reading, etc.
So... things I need to put into place as a result...
-earlier bedtime for the kids
-continue to go to bed earlier, gradually, so I'll be able to get up earlier and therefore be tired earlier...duh
-Set a certain time for shutting down the computer
-Continue with setting a certain time for bedtime

Simply,
ThereO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome . I have been going to bed late too and your SIMPLE plan has been helping me thank you for sharing this .