Wednesday, December 31, 2008

L is for Living Space

Living Space is the HOME keeping section of the S.I.M.P.L.E. plan.  Although there are a LOT of things listed in this section, it is 5th on the list.  What that means to me is that if I had to make a choice between doing something on my spiritual list or doing something on my living space list, I would choose the spiritual activity.

So what does this section include???
Cleaning - dusting, sweeping, mopping, laundry, dishes, organizing, weeding, vehicles
Finances - maintaining the checkbook, completing paperwork, mail, bills, banking
Meals - planning, shopping, preparing, research
Special Projects - examples of this would be finding out what needs to be done to have our laptop "cleaned" and then getting that done or putting Christmas decorations away or getting photographs developed... stuff that really doesn't fit into one category or another but makes life a lot easier when they are taking care of regularly.

My plan is to have the children help with a LOT of these things.  Things they cannot physically help with, I hope to have them observe (paying bills) so that they will be prepared for when they are on their own.

This one (L) probably overwhelms me the most because there are so many tasks within this area.  However, this area is much of my inspiration for the S.I.M.P.L.E. plan.  As much as there is to do, this not the FOCUS of my life.  By keeping "L" in its place (5th on the list), I hope to begin living my life according to purpose instead of according to "to do lists."  May God bless us all with insight as to which items are most important.

Simply,
ThereO 

No comments: