Tuesday, December 30, 2008

P is for Parenting

As a parent, I have many areas of improvement on which to focus.  Using the "I" as a guideline, I want to help my children to learn good habits in the areas of...

Hygiene - showers, brushing teeth, flossing, dressing appropriately, fixing their hair
Health - vitamins, exercise, water, healthy food choices, meditation
Fun - playing games, imaginative play, finding enjoyable hobbies

And from the "M" areas, I also want to improve my relationship with my children through...

Communication - respectfulness, forgiveness, eye contact
Service - both my service to them and their service to me and also serving others
"Mommy time" - which is individual time with each child... on a daily basis (known around here as cuddle time) and on a weekly basis (which began as mommy time - their time with mommy).

Although I haven't mentioned their spiritual growth and education, these are addressed through other areas.  Also, their participation in helping keep the house clean will be reviewed in "L" which is Living Space.  Depending upon the need for an accountability system (tickets, rewards, consequences, etc.), I may have to include that with the communication aspect of Parenting.

While I would love to focus on ALL of these things because I feel they are all so important for my children, I know that I will need to narrow my focus to four.  I will be praying that God will open my eyes to what my children need most.

Simply,
ThereO

No comments: