Tuesday, December 30, 2008

M is for Marriage

One of the key tools to a strong marriage is communication.  Although I think the hubby and I communicate very well, there is always room for improvement. 
  
Another area that could see improvement is service.  There are many times that my husband and I have different ideas of what needs to be done (gasp!).  I have found that I can give service to my husband by asking him for one thing he would like for me to accomplish that day.

The third area I would like to focus on would be "couple time."  With my parents living with us for a huge portion of the year, our "couple time" became almost non-existent.  Now that they are back in their own home, it is time for hubby and I to find ways to spend time together without children to interrupt.

As I continue to meditate upon ways to improve and strengthen a marriage, I return to communication and also activities which will be addressed in other areas.  For example, I think our marriage would be improved by participating in more spiritual activities together and/or discussing spiritual matters more often... well, that is covered under the spiritual area.  And so much of a marriage is dependent upon communication that everything else seems to be related to that.  So for now, I will leave the areas of improvement as COMMUNICATION, SERVICE, and, "COUPLE TIME."  But I will continue to be aware of the other areas which influence this area as well.

As always, please leave comments for areas of improvement that I have not listed.  It will greatly help me as well to see what others may have in mind.

Simply,
ThereO

No comments: