Sunday, December 28, 2008

I is for I (well, ME, or YOU, or...)

While this is probably my favorite (because it's all about ME), it is also one of the most difficult areas on which to focus. As parents, we are constantly on call. And while I would certainly give my life for my children, one of the best things I can do right now is to make sure that I take care of myself. So how do I take care of myself? Or, how do you take care of yourself?
Here is the "I" list...

Hygiene - showers, brushing teeth, flossing, fixing my hair, makeup, getting dressed (yes, sometimes pajamas are my day wardrobe...probably a good thing I don't sleep in the nude...LOL!)

Health - participation in Overeater's Anonymous, exercise, food choices, vitamins, water, making healthier choices for sundries (shampoo, soap, etc.), strength training, yoga/pilates, meditation

Education - learning a new language, reading non-fiction, learning digital photography/scrapbooking, learning more about computers/design, hockey, music/instrument, writing, home business ideas, PS3, chess

For Fun - Dallas Stars (of course!), knitting, reading fiction, crochet, quilting, sewing, music, writing, smocking, cross-stitch, scrapbooking, crafting, painting, reading blogs

Please feel free to add ideas in the comments section, they are much appreciated! As with the spiritual list, I will be praying over the "I" list to see where God will have me focus my efforts.
I pray you find your "I" focus as well.

Simply,
ThereO


No comments: