Monday, February 16, 2009

M&P

Although it has been awhile since I've posted here, I've continued to work on getting S.I.M.P.L.E.   Basically, my Spiritual task of prayer and my "I" task of brushing and flossing have become habit. I did slip a few days while we were out of town but overall, these have truly become a part of my day.  As well as emailing my sponsor.

As I prayed about my Marriage task, what I wanted to do was do "one thing" for my husband each day.  But that was not the direction God sent me.  What I realized was that although I pray daily and I pray for my husband, I was not praying daily for my husband.  I would certainly offer up prayers is there was something going on at work or if he was going on a trip but my prayers for him were not on a daily basis.  So my task has become to pray for my husband every day, in fact, I use the morning time, right after my morning prayers to then spend some time praying for him... whether it is his direction, emotional well being, health, or a variety of other things.

This also led me to a realization that I needed to add daily prayers for my children, as well.  So in the evenings, along with my evening prayers, I have begun praying for my children - their education, their spiritual lives, their future, their manners, the list is endless.  So this became my Parenting task.  My hope is that these additional prayers will become habit as well.

Next week I will be adding a "Living space" task to my list.  Many blessings.  May you all live a S.I.M.P.L.E. life.

Simply,
ThereO 

No comments: